Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Family

I know I've titled posts of family photo sessions "Family" before, but somehow this seems different. The word "Family" feels like it has special meaning for these sisters and their sweet mama. These ladies lost The Man in their lives a few years ago, their father/husband, yet their sense of family doesn't appear to have been broken. The special quilt that they are sharing in the photos is one that was hand made by their mother of their father's flannel shirts. What a precious memorial.
~
The closeness of these women is something that you can not only see, but feel. I felt drawn to their camaraderie, the wisdom from their years of growing up together, and to the bonds that they've created through the joys and tribulations of life. I only have two daughters, but I hope that as they grow up and old together they feel the same type of love and connection with each other and with me. Thank you H family for letting me document this moment of your lives.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Denise! The pictures are beautiful. I don't think we've ever had photos taken of us that have captured what you did. I don't need to explain anything to anyone who sees them, they love we have for each other truly shines through. I'm thankful for the beautiful images you've taken that have allowed us to show our love for our mother, father, and each other. What a wonderful experience!
THANK YOU!

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, FAITH is knowing one of two things will happen; there will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught how to fly." - Patrick Overter

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin